Bangy To Hubli Day 1.

Day 1: 28-March-2009,
It was not a good Beginning; I left Bangy at 12.00 pm, after A lazy breakfast. It was my usual weekend ride home(435 Kms). Initial 40Kms was crawling which took me 55 Min's to cover because of the usual traffic and weekend crowd heading out of town taking Saturday off like me. Remaining 172 Kms was breeze & covered it with in no time & I reached Chitradurga, just before 2.30 pm. And felt like visiting the Chitradurga fort, well missed it many times on the way to home. Well I being Chitradurga today. I didn’t want to miss this opportunity thinking I may not get another one.
Chitradurga Kote is a fort that is one of a kind, as it is built on top of hill with stones. Chitra-durg gets its name because of this fort. "Chitra-durga" means "picture perfect".This is another place that wasn't in my guidebook material, even though it's only a few hours from Bangalore and just 210 kilometers, has a massive hill fort strewn with boulders. The summit of the hill where the fort stands is littered with small temples and passageways like these. The boulders that dot the landscape, once ensured a ready supply of raw material but today they give you a feeling that the entire fort is still a work in progress. Gun Powder Grinding Stones!!!

Gun Powder Grinding: Maddu Bisuvu Kallu (Kannada) this is one of the hot spots of the kallina kote. There are four huge grinders with teeth or slots for elephants or bullocks to rotate. Each grinding point has independent collection point for the highly explosive gun powder. The central circular space is providing for the animal to move around. The gun powders were used to fire the cannons stationed on the Fort Watch towers. This proves that the engineers in ancient time had developed engineering skills with maximum safety factor built in.

Best time visit Chitradurga: All through out the year avoid April to June as far as possible as the temperature can soar up to 40 Degrees. Chitradurga is well connected by Road with frequent bus services. Any buses leaving from Bangalore to Davangere, Hubli-Dharwad, Goa, Mumbai all will pass through Chitradurga.

The entire fort circular sight seeing would take around 3 hours in a leisurely manner. Since I had to attend my friends Engagement Ceremony, I left the place thinking that I will make another visit very soon, Ooh I forget to mention, there is one more adventurous rock climb to the watch tower for adrenalin pumping adventure. This spot is behind the Murgan Matta. Most of the youngsters love to climb this spot.

If you are having your personal transport it’s just two & half hour enjoyable drive from Bangalore. It can be a nice one day trip spot too...Hope all of you shall plan a visit and enjoy the place as much as I did… Plan your visit……

After this shot visit to Picture perfect fort, it was time to move on towards my next destination which is my home still further 215 kilometers away and reached home just before the Sun Sunset and had time to capture this lovely picture….

Don't stop for anything, it's full speed or nothing

It's how I live my life.

I can't take it any other way,the sign of living fast

It is going to take your breath away..."

Mom and family was waiting for me along with my favorite food!!!! Every one was trilled to know; that I was back, before time, then they expected; but again With that; This may be the last time; I Came back from bangy To Hubli on bike!!!! But I don't know what will happen tommorow!!! and I am keeping My fingers Crossed!!!

Links:
Pune Calling:

28-March Day 1 : Bangalore to Home Via Chitradura Fort
30-March Day 2 : Home to Ratnagiri beaches
31-March Day 3 Ratnagiri to Pune Via Mahabaleshwar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pune Calling -Route deatils!!!!

Journey are a way of life!! A man with Machine

One Life To Ride