Ratnagiri Day 2!!!!!

Day 2 - 30-March-2009:
My bike Said
"I need another point of view;
Take me to Someplace I've never seen;
Keeping' my eyes wide open
Going' where I've never been;
So take me to the highway;
Take me far from here..."

AT around 0930Hrs Monday morning; Its was time to put on I-pod touch; and Bid Ab-due to my parents, to be back on NH-4, the NH-4 from Hubli onwards is more scenic with lots of greenery around. The ambiance was awesome Blue sky, greenery, chilly air and bright warm sunshine wow!! what a time to drive!!!!.


Hubli-Pune Highway(NH-4)
At 12.00 pm I was strolling inside Kolhapur i,e proper Maharstra!!!. Kolhapur is 212 kilometers away from Hubli. here I had to take leave from NH-4, and as I had to meat my Cousins, A very delicious lunch was waiting for me, after having Lunch!!!
It was time for me to move on!!! I took off towards Amba Ghats’s en-route to Ratnagiri. Ratnagiri is 130 kilometers from Kolhapur after couple of minutes driving through narrow roads reached Amba Village via village Bambawade and Malkapur.. Indicating that Amba ghats are just ahead of me!!!!

Writing on the Board just at the beginning of Amba Ghats

Road through Amba Ghats

Now real fun begins!!!! Wow!!!! never ending road through beautiful ghats, as I was Agonizing board of driving on Highway for past couple of days; But now it was time from me to enjoy Ride through beautiful Western ghats, Well beautiful endless Curves kept me busy... Amba Ghats is part of reserve forest area. You can take a walk in the surrounding forest with help of locals. Once you start from the Amba village towards Ratnagiri, you will be greeted by amazing view of Konkan range. Here one will realize how much above the sea level you really are. After an hour drive inside this Beautiful Amba Ghats, The roads got narrower and worse. But I found many lakes on the sides of the road in all shapes and sizes. It was 3.30 pm before I realized at one point there was a gentle grassy slope going down to the hills and yes I went off-road and followed left along the slope till I felt it was too steep and stopped. It was a mind blowing place with majestic Western Ghats all over.

Some Off Riding!!!

Time Less Land Scape's!!!

It was Baking hot out there, but still views made me just wonder!!!! Took a couple of brakes so that my saddle gets a breather, and finally AT 4.30 pm; I reached my next destination Ratnagiri after driving 340 kilometers!!!! Ratnagiri district is endowed with many tourist assets with rising hills of Sahyadri on east and the depths of Arabian Sea on the west contribute to the unparallel beauty of Ratnagiri. Ratnagiri is blessed with hills, sea shores, creeks, beautiful rivers, hot water springs, forests and water falls among many others, But now I slowly roiling inside Ratnagiri City, I didn't knew where to go, but got directions from local and my first pit stop was Thibaw Palace.

Thibaw Palace!!!
Thibaw Palace is 1 Km away from the city stands the Thibaw Palace now a full–fledged technical Institute. Built in sorry i don't know when was it built, but then luxurious palace was specially constructed by the British Government to house-arrested King Thibaw of Burma. Thibaw was a king of Burma (Now Myanmar). He was not willing for kingship, but he had to, as all his brothers got killed in the revolt, that took place in Burma. He desired to put on saffron colors clothes, preach and propagate, Buddhism. At the age of nineteen, and ascended the throne. But place was closed for visitors, as visiting time is 11.00 am to 4.00 pm. The Palace was not as grate I expected it to be anyways it was just a Kilometer away!!!

Enjoying Sea Sand and Sun!!!

Then again back on My saddle moved on towards Ratnadurg Fort, famously know here as gate way of Ratnagiri... At around 5.oo pm; I was at the door steps of Fort Ratnadurg,the fort "Ratnadurg" is at sea shore of Ratnagiri. Shivaji after a grate battle Won it in 1670 from Adilshah. There is temple inside fort. The ancient temple is very famous. And got to from locals that during Navratra festival there is big Jatra. There are two different shores at both sides of Ratnadurg fort. One side of the beach has black sand & other side white sand. So both sea shores are known as black sea & White Sea.

On the Way to Fort!!!!
The old buildings inside the fort are in ruins. Ratnadurg fort is Surrounded by sea on three sides, with land touching it on the fourth side.. Nothing remains inside the fort, except two broken bastions and a temple. There is a light house at its highest point. Ratnadurg is in complete ruins. And on one sides of fort facing the sea, part of the cliff has collapsed to reveal a cave. But anyways picturesque sea shore views are just amazing from the Fort.
Ratandurg Fort!!!
View of Spectacular Arabian Sea from Fort!!
It’s was very pleasant to watch the passing ships from this fort as the The Ratnagiri port, famously known as Mandvi. It is about 2 kms away from the city. Madavi beach is also very scenic of many Ratnagiri beachs. Flanked on the west by the Ratnadurg fort, sea to its South and having an extensive shoreline stretching right up to the port.
A view from Fort Complex!!!
After a brief visit to this ancient marvel, It was time to hit the beach, and the Mandvi beach, is just next to the fort, all the beaches in and around Ratnagiri are both beautiful and preserved in their pristine form. The Ratnagiri beach is unique, as a mountain penetrates the sea, and the colors of sand on two sides is totally different!!!
Mandvi Beach Mandvi Beach!!!

On the way to Arevari Beach!!!
Sun was staring down, and my Next pit-stop was Arevari beach, where beach and the road run parallel. I headed to Arevari beach and tried to find the right way through the city but couldn't, but; then again locals come to my rescue, as time was running out for me to Capture amazing Sunset, Then it was race against the time, but finally made it in end.

"Looking back at my life.
Twenty odd steps taken,
No regrets what so ever...

Looking ahead at My Life,
Steps racing to the horizon,
No droughts whatsoever."

As I say SUN SAND and SEA Go hand in hand!!!!
After reaching the beach, I got busy capturing the gorgeous sunset anyway (see pic), forgot to enjoy the Ambiance, Colours of nature, and lovely evening. Later I was able to savor the best view of the place and one of best evening of my life; Din feel like leaving the place even after dusk.
Spectacular View!!!! Where sky meets the Sea!!!
Post sunset, at 7.45 pm, Coming back on my Saddle; headed to the Beautiful Beach resort. I got a wonderful place, not quite expensive. The view from the room’s window was fantastic. I had dinner at the hotel’s buffet, which was excellent. I was dead tired but did find some time to watch a movie, and rested for the night and only to wake up only by 6.30 am.
28-March Day 1 : Bangalore to Home Via Chitradura Fort
30-March Day 2 : Home to Ratnagiri beaches
31-March Day 3 Ratnagiri to Pune Via Mahabaleshwar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pune Calling -Route deatils!!!!

Journey are a way of life!! A man with Machine

One Life To Ride