Journey Above the Cloudes Day 3.

On second day we travelled less in terms of distance but managed to visit quite a few places. It was more of chicken run - run here & there visit a place & next moment back to square one.

But day 3 Sunday was another good day. started slowly and the day started at 9.00AM, still early on a Sunday morning :). Happy me. Nice and sunny most of the time, although a bit humid as always in Magalore, and the wind has picked up a little bit."

Plans kept changing with in moments…. Finally it was Ullan beach and sultan battery (my favorite place in Mangalore) and head to words Madikeri to measure thewater level at Abbey falls and Harangi dam!!! and Finally head back to bangy....

So now when everything was planned, Our Machines Zoomed for the day and towards Ullal beach at 10.00 am, But as I was driving toward the beach, heard shocks making little noise, which I didn’t hear because of the traffic on the way, I felt some thing wrong with fork,Even though forks responding the way I wanted,

So continued towards the Ullal Beach hardly 5kms more and hoping to get it fixed while heading towards Sultan Battery, Its was time to hit the Ullal beach!!! Before going to the beach, we paid a quick visit to Ullal Fishing port. It was a busy time at port. Lots of boats coming in with loads of freshly caught fishes. We had to leave early as the smell was unbearable. From there we hit the Ullal beach. Situated 15 km away from Mangalore, among one of the best beaches of Karnataka, facing towards Arabian Sea and officering the visitor an incomparable view served by the green, serene, Golden Sands and Rock moutains. And the brought down the bike onto the beach.

Only three where Walking along the West cost alone,We went on and on in the lonely beach for few KMs. Sat on the beach for few moments, looking at the endless number of waves. We could even make out the difference in color of the water. I sat there on the beach mesmerized while Viji played in water.... Getting Bike onto the beach was easy, but pulling it back on road was the big problem. And then we managed to pull our bikes back on the road.




After Coming Back, I took a look a good look at my bike, The chain was pretty dirty, and three spokes in the back were really loose. I tried to tightened them in vain, and the wheel turned into a big wobbly mess. Whoops. Just found a sevice center after crossing the bridge built across the Netharvathi, I dropped my bike off at a shop to have it trued and cleaned, and then went exploring with Tabi and we went down to Room, from there, finally off to Lunch at Panjabi Daba a best place in Mangalore next to room, a 90's style diner. the Chicken fries were yummy….

After a very tasty lunch Tabi droppeded me again at the service station and left to offfice it was close to 3.15, after another 15 minutes, My Beauty was handed back to me.... Now it was just 400 kms drive back to Bangalore, as already decided I took off from Mangalore towards madiker …as I was driving towards Madikeri hoping to capture some of the views along the way, This route is supposed to be more scenic and away from polluted NH-48 though 20 kms longer, Took right at Bantaval towards madikeri, I reached Puttur at 4.10, but Vijay had other plan he thought the roads are bad, So he stopped in middle of the road... I didn’t realize, with No communication between us as our mobiles where dead. Now is was two bike towards bangy... On two different roads, one through convention route and me through Madikeri, As I have driven from madikeri to Bangy just couple of months back…. Having covered this distance in less the 5 hours, I was very much sure as this was the best known route to drive with lees traffic on the road!!! And the Road from kushal nagar to bangy is as smooth as the butter four lane roads perfectly marked….


As I just didn’t wanted to leave any stone unturned. So know!!! I was alone on my last leg of journey till Bangalore, and This is what I was Enhanting all along the way.....

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep And miles to go before I sleep." -Robert Frost


On the way stooped at a Small but Beautifull water fall next to the road, just before 15 kms from the capital of Coorg, Inquired about it from the people around no one knew the name of the falls but the place is Known as Devarkolli... If I got it right One more water Fall Inside Madikeri...….. At around 6.30 Me landing inside Madikeri city, stopped to have some fluids, on the way having missed Sign board, drove straight through one way , as soon as I parked the bike, the traffic police landed just next to me, after paying fine, at 7.00 I moved on…. On the way thought that fine was for not staying there…With a sweet smile I took leave from another beautiful place…

Soon reached Kusal Nagarbefore 8.00 from here onwards it was breeze heading towards Sriragapattana, Taking By pass to avoid Hunsur and Mysore Traffic, Anyway, after another 2 hour or so I was getting hungry so I looked for a place to eat. Couldn't find anything suitable until Sugar city Mandya, Just stopped at Joint to have well earned dinner!!! had a quite good one though not better!!!. By this time, I was feeling quite charged up. To add little bit more to this awesome ride...Stopped at Cafe Coffee Day(27/7) as it was party time now!!!!Jjust before Channapattna,, and sat on their lawn for about an half hour, Listing the cool songs playing in FM and just reflection back where I was, last three days of my life. Man, Coffee was hot. Probably nothing compared to what it'll be like in Bangalore, but still, it was hot. It was just 50 kms more too room…. So I took my own time…and Pushed on towards bangy... Tired but not completely exhausted had to wait for room keys… and it was around three in the morning when Vijay Landed back to room driving across Truck Infected High way and getting his Rear Minchekin Flat at kollegal, Well As always my Economies on the Roads never go wrong, But it happene every now n then and not always....


As I key in these final words about this journey of mine... I think I did put my precious long weekend to good use. Believe me time in future.. When I reflect back I May laugh at some of the moments…

My way to live life....the way - To Feel "ALIVE”....


Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, this is amazing. Next time you go to such places, please take me along. I would love to come along J



For the Roads -



Every time we cross a bridge, our vehicle bumps over the region where there is a joint along the surface. These joints are essential to provide for the expansion due to heat, however, the bump is not. Isn’t there any way the bump can be eliminated or at least reduced ? I am sure there is.



Weird Ideas are about noticing such 'Pain Points' and helping innovate!

Cheers ,
Ankit
Anonymous said…
Awesome trip dude... Nice pictures.... Feeling Jealous..... Next time Make sure U call me before any trip....

Smiles....
Tabi

Popular posts from this blog

Pune Calling -Route deatils!!!!

Journey are a way of life!! A man with Machine

One Life To Ride