Jouney to Kerala!!!!!

Planning:
It had been quite some time, since I had exercised myself and the bike. Plus, I was out of ideas at work, so I knew I had to unwind. And what better way than on the good ol' bike ride! since I had to scrap many Ride plans to Kerala; twice during couple of months because of some obvious reasons, well I had been touring distinct parts of Karkanata without any bike documents and driving license which I lost!!! and finally this Deepavali; I spared few minutes for a small signature; and A perfect weekend plan, and recipe for a long ride and in more ways than one, this was a resurrection of my faith in my Pulsar.


Well woke up at 0900 hrs instead of 0300 hrs and with a Quick bike health check up including electrical system and fine tuning of oil levels; chain and brakes; got ready, and in the last min dumped other necessary stuffs in the bag; made sure I didn't miss anything. What else do I need? can’t think!!!
At 1030 hrs Saturday 15th Nov'08; I was all set for journey into gods own county; I was happy that I would be going back to the land of tea estates, to the land of banana chips & coconut oil, back to mother nature. After one long years, I would be in Kerala again. I cranked the engine went to the ATM looted some cash and I hit the road; 6 hours behind scheduled time; Well!!! Well!! Rest is history now!!!!!.


Highlights:

Total distance Travelled: 948 KMs in 40 hours

Total Riding time(Including Photography on the way): 15 Hr (Avarage 63 k/hr)

Total Trekking time: 3.30 Hr

Quikest ride: Gonikopal > bangy(Room) -- 258 kms in 3hours (Avarage speed 87 K/Hr)

Nightmare Ride: Makutta > Forest Checkpost near Virajpet --16 kms took 2 hours (Avarage speed 8 kilometers/Hour)

Route and distances:

Saturday Day 1 - 15th Nov'08: Bangy > Mysore > Najangud > Guldalpet > Sultan batery > Kalpeta > banasura dam > Kalpeta (372KMs)

Sunday Day 2 - 16th Nov'08: Kalpeta - Meppady - Schochipara waterfalls - Chembura Peak - Kalpete - Manthavadi - Mattanur - kannur - St Anglos Fort - Kannur Light house - Muzhuppilangad Beach - Kannur - Iritty - Makutta - Gonikoppal - Srirangapattana - Bangy (576 KMS)

Detailed Trip Log: Day 1

Comments

rash said…
I did not enjoy reading ,hey dil mange moreeeeeeee:-(
more photos and more pavan in it.
this blog is empty like your head
:-) hehahahha just kidding.
Pavan Hukkeri said…
Hi Rashmi,
please Click on the links below..
" Detailed Trip Log: Day 1 Day2 "
Hey Pavan,
Actually I'm a film maker, I was searching for good locations (forest) on net & i came across ur blog. U know wat..? Actually I stopped searching it & started reading ur blog...

Really nice travelogue dude... Keep rocking... I enjoyed every word of it, as if I was there in ur journey...

You are one gifted soul who has born to travel...

All the best

By
Hareesh Narayan
Pavan Hukkeri said…
Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for sapring some time to read...

I hope you have found some good locations (forest), please let me know, as I would love to visit it once...


Smiles
Pavan
Anonymous said…
An epic!!! Wow--what an amazing trip! and you got some really great images too! to remember it by!
Dude Keep riding and Keep Rocking!!!

smiles,
Madan
Anonymous said…
Wonderful pics.... :) and very well narrated. A wonderful post... Keep writing about ur wonderful trips so that people can go around and see places :)
Unknown said…
Hi,

Tell me your next journey place to me...I will also join along with you.....!!!!
Saranya said…
U r one God's gifted person to travel and Enjoy...
Saranya said…
U r one God's gifted person to travel and Enjoy.....

Popular posts from this blog

Pune Calling -Route deatils!!!!

Journey are a way of life!! A man with Machine

One Life To Ride