Journey to Kerala !!!! Day 2

Got ready, Pack up and checked out by 6 in the morning. I had to visit Soochipara falls and Chembura Peak before I leave Wayanad. On the way stopped at the tea stall; to have an early morning Kerala tea, well tea was not so grate but views just made that tea to remember!!!.. then I was sailing through wonder land called Wayanad, I had been to this falls earlier but the main reason to visit this again was just to drive 20 kilometers till the water falls!!! As View are just amazing all along the way!!!





The ride to the falls was divine. The road curves through endless hills draped with a velvet carpet of green estates, a belligerent sliver rivulet and clouds which lowered themselves to add to the beauty.



A 20km ride in the tea estates took me to the end of the road. I parked my saddle at a beautiful location. I have to walk a kilometer down through thick forest. The thick undergrowth and the ever-increasing roar of the falls fascinates you; as you move towards the falls. You don’t know what to expect, how far you have to go, the feeling can be quite enervating.

Soochipara Falls: (Soochi = needle, para = rock)In Soochipara, the suspense is well preserved, an emotional roller-coaster - from a feeling of anxiety to one of pure joy. One could sit there looking at the water mass and forget the world. I Sat there in silence watching the water flowing down. It was a refreshing thing to do, just sit and watch. And why I enjoyed it most, was because I was, with myself and No sign of any human being!!!.


I must Say While biking You see things in a way that is completely different from any other. In a four wheeler you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it; you don't realize that from window everything you see is just little more TV. Well on bike You're completely in contact with it all, Melody of Air as it whistle pass your ears; nature welcoming you with open hands; You are not just watching it anymore, you are one among everything that so easily blends with nature... and the sense of presence is overwhelming. That concrete whizzing by five inches below your foot is the real thing, the same stuff you walk on, it's right there, so blurred you can't focus on it, yet you can put your foot down and touch it anytime, and the whole thing, the whole experience, is never removed from immediate consciousness.!!!!!!
After a quite refreshing bath headed towards Meppadi. my next Pit Stop- Chembra peak, which is the highest peak in Wayanad, at 2100m above sea level. Trekking to the top takes 3-4 hours depending on the trekker. after entering my details at the gates and they granted me permission to trek to the top; I took 2 hours to reach the half the way, including an half hours break for photo-shoot & resting.

Initial 25% of the trek is very steep. And I had to walk through the bushes. Luckily I was there just few weeks after the rainy seasons; So I was spared by leeches. I stopped at half way mark, the Heart shaped lake; spent more than half an hour. It was a very clear sky, with scattered clouds here there. Chembra was giving me a chance to enjoy the view from up above.


Every one at this point will remember some one special!!! And I am not an exception!!! I missed my Girl friend my 'MOM', I don't know how much I love here; But one thing is sure I cannot Imagine my life without here.
What ever I am today and What ever I will be tomorrow is only because of her!!!
I wow Each and every moment of joy in my life to single lady on this entire planet that is "My MOM" and even this moment of my life!!!
MOM hope you Read this!!!!


Well my trek to chembra was only till here; Descent was very quick I took less than 30 mints to come down. I didn't had breakfast in the morning; Just few fruits and slices of cake while trekking; After having a nice Kerala style breakfast @ Meppadi; Cranked up the engine again headed back towards kalpetta.


Ya!!! Sure!!!

After Kalpeta the road to Manathwady runs through beautiful ghats!!! Well had many clicking opportunities all along the way!!!! Well nothing beats riding through the western ghat in the world!!! Had lot of fun riding on the twisty roads all the way till Manthawady!!!
AT 3.30 stopped for a wonderful Lunch at Kannur; I Had Awesome fish curry and Famous Kerala Poraota; and moved on towards Kannur Fort...

Kannur fort or St. Angelos is just 2 kilometers away from Kannur town. It was built in 1505 by the first Portuguese Viceroy, Don Francisco De Almeida. The Dutch captured the fort in 1663 and in 1790 it came into the possession of the British. The British rebuilt it and made it their most important station in Malabar . This fort is in a fairly good state of preservation, though parts of it have collapsed. A few obsolete guns areseeh at the place. The fort is a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India.


Madras Army Battalion Camp!!! on the way to Fort!!1

Kannur Fort or St Anglo's fort!!!



View of Arabian sea from the fort comple!!!

After Spending half an hour at this beautiful fort; I moved on towards the Kannur lightouse adjacent to sea view park which is just 2 kilometers from the Kannur fort another amazing place in kannur to spend few amazing moments....


Kannur Light house!!!!

The Kannur Lighthouse near the Sea View Park is another memorizing place. Over the years, the lighthouse was renovated and in 1948, it was moved to the current location. The lighthouse is still in use. well nothing beats watching endless number of waves from this Sea View Park!!!!



Countless Emotions and Fresh New Ideas!!!!

Sea View Park!!!!

After spending Half hour along with pineapple juice I moved on and my last destination for the day was Muzhappilangad Beach(15.K.M from Kannur and 8 K.M from Thalasseri):Black rocks protect this long ,clean beach from the currents of the deep, making it shallows waters a swimmer's paradise.Perhaps this is Keralas only drive- in beach. Where you can drive entire length of 4 K.m and a drive to remember till time fades away!!!



At 1840 hrs we two happy souls; drove back towards Kannur; It was cloudy with slight drizzles started pouring; as soon I reached Kannur; It was already 17100Hrs and I was 350+KMs from Bangalore. After having refreshing brake for some fluids and Juices; I drove towards Irrity; and expected to reach Gonikoppal by 2100 hrs; I was soaked to the skin because of continuous rain for more than 1 hours till I reached the Irrity didnt find a place to put on My Mansoon Rading gear!!!.

It took 1.30 minutes to reach Karnataka border; As I just corssed the Forest Check from Kerala side; Surprise!!! Surprise!!!There was no sign of road at all, Weather turned hostile and even the road; you can hardly say its a Road; Its only craters every where; Well I had to let out considerable amount of air to reduce tyre pressure; as this reduces the risk of wheel getting flat; and also it would grip the road much better; as I moved along; It was just impossible to drive thanks to rains which made situation even verse; I made slow and steady progress; It looked as if this horrible road is never going to end; In between I took some time off driving to relax a bit on the way and finnaly after 2 hrs of driving, I reached the forest check post near Virajpet; And say of relief and what a awesome awesome feeling!!!!! After a brief chat with the guard at the checkpost; Moved on towards Gonikoppal and With in not time reached Gonikoppal at 2250 hrs and after a pit stop for a hot cup of tea; I cranked up the engine for my last leg of journey...

I reached room at 2.30hrs & quietly went inside…I didn’t realize when I slept… Next day, I woke up, to another usual day, full with traffic woes, road rages… But I am fresh & recharged & raring to go… Still spellbound… Still in my fantasies… Still thinking, how I traveled that 16 kms from Makutta to check post; in that cruising beauty called 'Pulser'… well this journey had every thing form forest to dams from water falls to beaches; A journey to remember!!!… Well my Pulsar has stopped for a while now; but The earth continued to move slowly in its diurnal course…

"Riding I do to keep my self sane. I can’t stay in the city for long I start getting the itch to get on the roads. Covered the whole of South .want to cover the north now as it always was my dream. Actually want to cover entire India. My bikes is a part of my family. They never give up on me neither do I give up on them. A pulser always speaks out if there is something wrong you just need the ear to listen. Touch wood I have never been stranded in a situation where have to tow my bike (unless parked in a no parking). That’s a strange thing with an Pulser you don't buy one you marry one to yor family. Met lot of interesting people and made a lot friends. Every person has his own Ideology about their bike but at the end it boils down to one thing, we live to ride. "

"For me a ride is like reading a book I am not bothered how many pages I have read or how many pages left to read it’s the feeling that holds you on is Ecstasy. Every road has a new story to tell and every ride teaches me a new thing, And I know I still l have lot to learn and lot to listen.. Traveling taught me patience, determination; Endurance and responsibility. It may sound unrealistic but one has to experience it to believe it. Every place I reach has something new that takes a place deep in my heart and I wish it could also dwell somewhere else. Thus, this blog was created.."

Pavan...

Journey to Kerala Day1 Day 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pune Calling -Route deatils!!!!

Journey are a way of life!! A man with Machine

One Life To Ride