Journey to Kerala !!!! Day1


After few minutes driving inside the city limits; hit the nice road, and well once at nice road you will feel your bike needs more power; as usual it was smooth ride till Maddur, at Maddur just spotted by to have some sugar cane; well all my Road trips are 33 percent about getting to a destination, 33 percent about the journey, and 33 percent, let’s forget math and make it 34 percent – about the food you eat along the way. In my years of road tripping with friends and family, I’ve found that there are a variety of road-trip eating strategies. sugar cane is, of course, used to make sugar. It can also be eaten fresh well even I love to eat them...



After this small feast I moved on towards Mysore and hit the Mysore traffic at 1230 hrs, thought having lunch, but dropped; My next stop over was at daba just next to the road; After quite a good lunch at daba near to Najangud; I started cruising towards Guldalpet, and took a right diversion towards Sulatan battery; stooped on the to catch the glimpse of the Gopallaswamt betta( G S Betta) which is en route to Sultan battery... Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta is located in Chamarajanagar district of Karnataka and is part of Bandipur National Park. The name - Himavad meaning fog, as the hill be covered with fog almost through out the year. Yes even during peak summer.At Gopalaswamy Betta, there is a Krishna temple. And main specialty of the place is wild elephants which can be seen in herds. Unluckily I was not able to sight them; during this journey…



After a brief pit stop next to road; again I Cranked up the engine; started crushing; this where Bandipur national forest range started, I was expecting to spot some elephants inside the Bandipur forest range; but I wasn't lucky enough; but views we getting better and better, whenever I hit a scenic view just stopped and clicked and savored few moments of my precious life enjoying those views and moved on.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!


Just before gate Karnataka RTO Check post; I found a peaceful place by accident.. A river flowing through the verdant forest, Here I took my own time at this quite serene place; It was nice to take a refreshing half hour brake at this rivulet; and after few snaps; back on road; And all along the way found some water holes which elephants had used. I was expecting to see some Elephants on the way; (as during my last visit to Wayanad we had spotted elephants twice... ) I drove my friend into beautiful locations and spent time enjoying the beauty and clicking pictures.

Welcome to Kerala!!!!


No Safari Thanks!!!!
Soon reached the gates of Wayanad or Mattunga wildlife Sanctuary; Mathunga been declared a Project Elephant. Also many wild animals such Jungle Cats, Panthers, Civet Cat, Monkeys, Wild dogs, Deers, Spotted Bears, Bisons, Gaurs, Cheetah, Wild Bears, Peacock, Owls, Jungle fowls, Woodpeckers, Babblers, Cukoos etc.. can be seen here. The reserve is also home to a small population of tigers, Elephant rides are arranged here by the forest department.well I had no time for safari; so moved on towards Sultan Battery; The two hour ride from Gundalpet to Sultan battery was the best of so far and loved cruising all the way, except on a couple of stretches when I touched 110 kmph. And I took a couple of short breaks till I reached the Sultan battery; Once at sultan Battery I was inside proper Kerala..



After brief pit stop at a tea stall just next to the road; Again Cranked up the engine to check out the ancient Jain temple; which on the way to Kalpeta Generally known as Tippu's Fort, this temple is situated in town which got its name from the historic fact that Tippu used this temple as his Battery (ammunition store) in the region. Hence the name "Sulthan's Battery". This temple is one of the most important amongst a series of ruins spread across the state of Kerala that testify to a period of a strong Jain presence in this region. Believed to have been built in the 13th century..
After short visit to this ancient marvel; moved on towards Kalpeta as time was running out for me; As this trip was planned to just spend an unforgettable evening at Banasura dam(my favorite place in Wayand) and to capture the glimpse of sunset which is always amazing sight, so for the first time during this journey of mine; I was hurrying into things; I just wanted to reach there a soon as possible before sun sets behind the Banasura hills.


Banasura Sagar Backwaters!!!!



Well Just in Time!!!!

At 1745 hrs Finally I was there just in time to see the Sun hiding behind the Majestic Banasura hills, Banasura Sagar dam, is the largest earthen dam in India has also the distinction of being a beautiful picnic spot in entire Wayand. The dam is built across the Karamanthodu, a tributary of river Kabini.

The reservoir is dotted by a cluster of small, green islands. You can enjoy the boat ride here, which is another memorable experience; for anybody watching the majestic Banasura Hills in the background, will be an experience that you would cherish for years. A walk through the pathway by the dam side will hold memories close to our heart. so once you are in Wayanad try to visit this scenic wonder..


Happy to be Alone and Alone to be Happy!!!!

At 1950 hrs drove back to Kalpetta in time for dinner., and went staright to where I had booked a home stay at Greenmount cottage

Address: Market Road, Opp. post office road, Kalpeta, wayanad, 673121.

Contact person : MartinLopez

Phone :04936203512 Mobile : 9446257530

It was a roller-coaster day journey through Bandipur Wildlife Sanctuary and Mattunga Wildlife Sanctuary; with short visit to Jain Temple; and witnessing lovely sunset at Banasura Dam which I imagined while having tea in the morning!!!. Chalked my next day plan, while gulping down a bear along with lovely food and hit the bed.

Journey to Kerala | Day1 | Day 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pune Calling -Route deatils!!!!

Journey are a way of life!! A man with Machine

One Life To Ride